When preparing our rest spaces, we must prioritize comfort over design or beauty, since the intention is to relax.
At present, without wanting to, we neglect our rest a lot; life goes faster and faster, and we go with it. We need to find in our house that available space to disconnect from the world and relax.
Perhaps you have not thought about it, but surely you will find a useful corner to transform it from now on into your favorite place; there you can take a nap, take a nap or rest your feet while reading a good book.
There are fantastic ideas that we can do at home to achieve what we want so much, that peace and perfect place to be with our family and disconnect. If you want to get away from the thoughts of work and forget about your obligations for a few moments, read on to learn how to effectively transform your home and condition your rest spaces.
Create rest spaces at home.
We have to give importance to the quality of our furniture and choose not only the ones that best match our decoration: we also have to look for functionality and comfort. Sometimes comfort is not linked to beauty.
1. Comfortable seats.
The first thing to prepare the rest spaces at home is to find a seat comfortable enough to stay in it for a long time without being uncomfortable. Whether it’s a sofa or an armchair, find the option that best suits you.
Many pieces of furniture that act as seats can be completed with soft cushions that make them even more comfortable. In addition, if we accompany them with relaxing colors, such as blue, our state of rest will increase.
2. Bet on pleasant lighting.
The lighting is very important to create welcoming environments indoors. The design of the light will be able to direct our rest.
Opt for floor lamps that provide specific lighting; they are very practical and useful for reading time. They are lights that are blurred in the ceiling and manage to create a good atmosphere.
Another option is to light different points of light in your room with the help of candles. They create shapes and manage to calm us down. Thus, watching the candle burn is pleasant as well as relaxing. In addition, if they are aromatic candles we will increase that state of peace and tranquility.
If you are lucky enough to have a fireplace at home, do not have it disabled. It is a very powerful tool and decorative element. Fire is very pleasant to watch and can be mesmerizing.
4. Auxiliary furniture.
Leaning on small furniture is a great idea to achieve greater comfort. Once we get a proper posture on the couch it is very annoying to have to get up for a cup of tea, for example.
Therefore, if we have an auxiliary table, we can have everything we want within reach just by making a movement with the hand.
5. Take care of textiles.
We refer to the touch that the fabrics or materials from which our furniture are made give us. These elements help us to reinforce the warmth and comfort of the rest areas.
- We refer to the rugs, which depending on whether they are long or short pile will have one touch or another. However, they can turn a room into a more welcoming one.
- Try to choose the most cuddly and comfortable cushions, although keep in mind that if they are very hot they can be annoying in the summer months.
- Finally, it is important to get soft and comfortable sheets for every moment of the year, because the best rest has to occur between our sheets and in our bed.
6. Decorative elements.
To feel at peace in a space in our house, we need our things to be on the shelves, in suitable places where we can have them controlled.
Include objects of your liking, your favorite books, a gift, a photo frame or a special painting. Any element is valid to feel better in that space of peace and tranquility.
How to turn your garden into a resting place.
If you have a terrace and you also want to create a cozy space where you can rest for a few hours at home. We tell you what are the best options you can take into account to get that extra comfort with small gestures.
- Family meals abroad have always been associated with a moment of enjoyment, disconnection and fun. Therefore, if you don’t have a barbecue, buy or build one to dedicate that space to your family leisure time.
- You can buy some ‘chill out’ beds that are ideal to place in front of the pool or in a shady corner. Remember that it is necessary to have enough space in your garden so that it is not overwhelming.
- If you don’t have a lot of space, you can get a couple of loungers with a nice soft, outdoor futon to lounge on the best days of spring and summer.
- Another option is to get a hammock to swing in the breeze.
- On the other hand, you can build a sofa from pallets. It is a very original option that has become fashionable and that looks good on any type of terrace.
- Finally, you can create a corner full of puffs placed around a rug to make your little rest corner, where you can be with your children, partner or reading a book.
These are some fantastic ideas that you can make to have different rest spaces, both inside your house and outside.
Don’t hesitate to put it into practice!