There is nothing more relaxing than a balcony full of flowers of different colors. We will show you the 5 best options for your space. We will show you the best balcony flowers you can find. It is a beautiful and ecological way to decorate a small or large space, filling it with color, life and multiple aromas such as those provided by different types of flowers.
Transform a cold and simple place into an extremely cozy one where you can spend pleasant moments. Not only enjoying the view of the flowers, but also caring for them and keeping everything in order. In addition, they will bring you benefits such as:
- They can help you reduce stress by caring for them, seeing the variety of colors, and feeling their scents.
- They provide satisfaction when seeing the results of our own decoration.
- They offer totally natural fragrances, without chemicals.
- They allow us to have much purer air.
- They create a relaxed atmosphere.
The 5 best flowers for the balcony.
You must take into account some aspects before choosing the type of flowers you want to place on a balcony or terrace. If what you want to do is decorate and fix a space that lasts a long time, it is essential that the plant and the flower do not suffer. For this it is important to take into account:
- Amount of sun that you will receive.
- The wind in the place.
- If they adapt to places with abundant rainfall.
- Know how often and how they should be watered.
- Do constant maintenance.
They are outdoor plants with extremely attractive flowers of strong and vivid colors. It is very easy to grow and they have an extremely pleasant aroma. In addition, they are very resistant and bloom in summer. There are many varieties of them and they fit perfectly in an environment such as a balcony. To take care of them perfectly you must:
- Give them plenty of sun.
- Do not expose them to the cold.
- Water them 2 times a week.
- Fertilize them every 15 days.
- Prune them in spring.
They are beautiful flowers for the balcony, with lush foliage and flowers of many colors. Among them stand out: red, orange, pink, white and yellow center. The leaves are heart-shaped, appear in hanging clusters, and are quite large. These are the cares you should have:
- Put them in a place with moderate shade.
- Don’t let the light go in directly.
- Keep your soil rich in humus.
- Water them three times a week.
- Finally, try not to move them.
The height of this plant is 30 to 50 centimeters and it grows in clumps, which is ideal for placing in balcony pots. The flowers can be smooth or wavy edges. Its color can be: red, pink, and purple or with colored stripes. Also, they have a fairly strong aroma.
Take care of them like this:
- First of all, water them abundantly and daily, try not to get the flowers wet.
- Put them in a place with a lot of light.
- Fertilize them every 15 days during the flowering season.
If you want a colorful and cheerful place, you cannot miss the thoughts. They are small flowers of various colors that are combined with each other. They bloom as soon as spring begins and they resist most of the cold season. They can be planted in pots of various sizes, planters and even hanging plants. That is why they are perfect flowers for the balcony.
This is how you should take care of them:
- First, you must plant them in fertile soil.
- Make sure they stay in a fairly sunny location.
- Water them thoroughly once a week.
- Finally, remember: Do not wet the leaves or flowers, as this allows the proliferation of fungi.
5. Zinnia or Mystic Rose.
It is also known by the name of “Paper Flower”. It reaches to measure between 15 to 90 centimeters in height, depending on the variety. In addition, it is a large flower with an intense yellow color and orange in the center, although they can be found in other colors. They can be single, double or bicolor. In fact, it is well known for attracting butterflies. The shape of the petals can be single or double.
To take care of them, keep in mind:
- First, make sure they have sun and warm temperatures.
- Plant them in pots or in the garden.
- Water them frequently, but without wetting the leaves.
- Fertilize every 15 days only in the flowering season.
- Do not expose them to frost.
- Finally, remember that they don’t need you to prune them.
It is very important that before choosing the flowers for the balcony, you read well the requirements that each one has so that they can be fully developed. Light up your balcony and your life by decorating with these 5 beautiful varieties of flowers.