Make a garden on your terrace yourself. For this we will give you great and simple ideas so that you have fun and enjoy doing it.
If you have a place outside at home, do not hesitate to make a garden on your terrace. Since the benefits of having plants in the home are many.
In addition, these transcend decoration. Therefore, in this article we will show you how you can make one yourself in very simple steps.
Benefits of having a garden on your terrace.
- You take care of the environment.
- You get flowers to decorate.
- You can collect food or herbs.
- You can create brighter areas and shaded areas.
- You will be physically and mentally more active when taking care of your garden.
- The vegetation can give us some peace and tranquility. Thus, it can help us reduce stress.
- You can transform it into an extension of the house and thus add environments and enjoy them.
- It is possible to cover structural defects of the property. For example: unpainted walls, bad finishes and everything that a plant can cover.
Aspects that you should take into account before building your garden.
A good way to take advantage of these outdoor spaces is to make a garden in it. Let’s first take into account a couple of details:
1. Take care of the climatic factors.
Being out in the open you must take care of the plants from the sun and the wind. Therefore, to protect them you can do several things:
- Place a lattice with vines. Some give beautiful flowers.
- Opt for tall plants in pots. Thus, these can act as a natural barrier against the sun and the wind.
- Put heather fabric on one or more walls.
2. Choose the right plants.
It is important to advise us on the care of the plants that we are going to choose. Therefore, we must know:
- If they can be in the sun all day.
- The amount of water they need.
- How often should they be watered?
- Any special care that they may require.
Ideas to build a garden on your terrace.
We will give you some simple ideas that you can do with just a few elements. Thus, you can make your terrace look incredible and enjoy it like never before.
1. Put small pots.
To start with this project it is convenient to put several not so large pots and distribute them.
This way, it will be easier for you to take care of them. In addition, you can have a greater variety of plants and flowers. You can also move them around more easily.
2. Make your own pergola.
With some disused metal structure and a climbing plant you can have your own pergola. Some plants give beautiful flowers. Thus, your terrace will look like a dream garden.
3. Use wood and stones to make your terrace garden look better.
To decorate you can use stones of different sizes and in different places. In this way, you can build paths or furrows delimited with them.
The combination with dark colored wood is excellent. Especially when contrasting with the green of the vegetation. Also, you can use wood in furniture and floors and decorate terrace walls.
4. Decorate the walls.
If you want to give a different touch to this decoration, you should not overlook the walls. You can totally change the place if you pay attention to these details.
- A fashionable option is to place cane as a fence. These can be beautiful. In addition, they serve to divide and give privacy if you do not have dividing walls.
- You can also make a vertical garden with pots. You can place them the way you like and combine them with hanging plants and vines.
- Another option is to place wood as shelves and there pots.
5. Change the floors.
Do not miss this detail. You can simply make a simple change that transforms the aesthetics of the place.
- One option is to lay artificial grass. You can also change the color of the terrace. Also, it can help you lower the temperature in summer.
- Try adding stones. You can make paths with small stones and delimit them with larger ones.
- Make a mini garden in a corner.
- Place wood in some sectors of the floor.
6. Reuse old furniture.
If you like vintage, nothing better than an old garden set to decorate and use. You can also put some old furniture. Then, you varnish it and fill it with pots with colorful flowers.
7. Add water sources.
They can be beautiful in a corner with a decoration with stones and wood. They should always be placed near the electrical outlet to hide the cables.
The sound of falling water will help you transport yourself and fill you with peace. Thus, you will want to get home and go up to your terrace to feel that tranquility.
8. Put lights for the garden on your terrace.
This can add a special touch to your summer nights. In addition, in the market you can find the most varied types of lights.
Place ropes from one end to the other of a wall and there you will place the lighting to your liking. It will look amazing.
If you have a terrace or balcony, try these steps. You will gain an environment that will fill you with life and connect you with nature.